More than 1 Million Members Now Registered at Bcbsm.com
| 3 min read
As of December 2014, more than 1 million members have registered for a bcbsm.com account, giving them on-demand access to plan information, claims details and history, and health care provider information to make more informed decisions with health care benefits. “We live in a world where consumers expect to be able to interact with their health insurer like they do with their bank and other retailers,” said Mary Moore, director, Digital Experience. “More customers are now accessing bcbsm.com, and they’re expressing higher levels of satisfaction when they do.” Customers also offered positive feedback in surveys. “The website was easy to find and is well laid out,” said one customer. Another said, “I am always able to find what I need fairly quickly and sometimes find things that I didn’t even know about while browsing.” With a bcbsm.com account, members are able to:
- Check coverage: Members can check and search through their benefits information to determine what specifically is or is not covered by their plan.
- Shop health care providers: With the Find a Doctor feature, members can search and filter health care providers based on things like hours, languages, specialties, and patient reviews. Members can also use the tool to get quality information and estimate treatment costs for over 400 health care services for providers and facilities nationally.
- Monitor claims activity: Members can search through previous claims and review more detail about existing and pending claims without needing to wait for an Explanation of Benefits statement to arrive in the mail.
Why having an account at bcbsm.com makes sense:
- It could save you a phone call to customer service.
- You can opt in to go paperless, saving yourself time and clutter.
- You gain access to bcbsm.com mobile, which allows you to access your information, including a virtual member ID card, anytime and anywhere.
How can you get started with an account at bcbsm.com?
To start your registration process, have your Blue Cross or Blue Care Network member ID card handy and go to bcbsm.com/register:
- Click Get Started Now on the right side of the page.
- Fill in all the fields on the Verify Your Eligibility screen. When complete, check the box in the middle of the page to verify your identity. Click Continue.
- On the next page, read and answer the questions. Your answers will help us verify your identity and ensure the privacy and safety of your health information. Click Continue to proceed to the next page.
- Fill in the boxes on the Create Your Account screen. Your password must be a minimum of eight characters, at least one upper case, one lower case and one number, all of which are case sensitive.
- When your registration is complete, click Continue to access your member home page. You can now access coverage information, claims status and history and even estimate treatment costs. (Cost estimates are for PPO members only.)
Liked this post? Here are more tips on how to get the most out of your health insurance:
- 3 Reasons You Need to Use The Bcbsm.com Find a Doctor Feature
- The 5 Costs That Make Up Your Health Plan
- 5 Health Insurance “Unknowns” Explained
Photo Credit: StartUpStockPhoto