Hygge Your Home or Office
by Shandra Martinez
| 1 min read
Hygge is a Scandinavian concept that includes feelings of well-being and contentment. Pronounced hoo-gah, this approach to life is practiced by creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. Embracing this concept can begin by making some healthy changes in your home or office. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Decorate your space with things you enjoy.
- Create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere.
- Add rugs and throw blankets.
- Add cozy lighting and candles.
- Incorporate natural elements.
- Incorporate colors, contrasts and textures.
- Enjoy the warmth of a fireplace.
- Invite in natural light.
- Listen to calming music.
- Don’t overlook your outdoor space.
- Set your desk by a window.
- Use a fancy journal or notebook.
- Display your favorite books.
- Create a hygge gathering area.
- Bring in elements from outside.
- Add vintage elements or heirloom pieces.
Learn more about the Scandinavian concept of Hygge in this Blue Cross Virtual Well-Being℠ webinar, Hygge 2023. You can also sign up for future employer-or individual-focused webinars and guided meditations here.
Photo credit: Getty Images